Diabetic meal plan for 2000 calorie
Meal plans are always important. But for a diabetic patient it is more than important to maintain diabetic meal plan for his healthy diet. Day by day diabetes becoming a very dangerous disease. It is spreading rapidly. In U.S.A the dangers of this disease is increasing comparatively high. It is mater to worry. As we know the reason of diabetics is the high blood sugar. We should know the diabetes is an irrecoverable disease. It only can be controlled. To control this diabetic meal plan is restricted meal plan which is consist of fruit,vegetables and low sugar food. Meat is okay but it must be limited or optimum amount.It is very important to maintain a meal plan for diabetic disease person. By making well plane of balance eating people can lead life safe though he/she is diabetic patient. It is proved and well established there is no treatment of diabetes without controlling it’s meal plans. Here is is the guide to maintain Diabetic meal planning. Here the Chart of meal plans of 2000 k.cal for diabetic patient taking insulin (as per insulin dose, distribute CHO 1, 2, 2/5).
Diabetic meal plan
No. of exchange
Note: The percentage of CHO in different meal should be maintained strictly.
Menu Planning for diabetic patient:
Diabetic meal plan for Morning:
|1 glass milk (low fat).|
|Medium size ata chapati.|
|½ cup mixed vegetables; Potato+ papaya + potol.|
|1 hen’s egg.|
|1 small banana.|
|1 cup tea without milk & sugar.|
Diabetic Meal plan for Lunch:
|2.5 cup; boiled rice|
|½ cup Chichinga+Potol.|
|Medium fat Katla fish.|
|½ cup,medium conc.|
Diabetic Meal plan for Dinner:
|2.25 cup; boiled rice.|
|1 cup; pumkin, Borboti,potato mix.|
|Chicken of medium fat.|
|1 glass milk (low fat).|
Notes for diabetic meal :
- Dietary CHO must be distributed according to the insulin unit for insulin taking patients.
- Increase of growth maintaining foods in growing age and decrease of fatty foods in obesity should be considered.
- For diet chart ± 50 k cal is considered.
- During diet preparation height, weight, age and sex should be considered.
- Diet should be nutritionally adequate, high sugar & fat should be avoided.
- Salad should be taken as much as possible including lemon, lettuce, cucumber etc.
- One serving vegetables must be from GLV for vita-a.
- One serving fruit should be citrus for vita-C.
- If one meal is high in calorie, another meal should be low in calorie to maintain daily requirement.
- Rest of the fat must come from cooking oil.
- During menu planning, taste, economic condition, religion etc must be considered.
- For diet chart ± 150 k.cal is considered.
- In case of obesity fatty food should be minimized and for growing age body building food should be taken in correct proportion.
- Food should not be monotonous.It is very necessary to maintain a diabetic meal plan for diabetic patient.